Potentially Gifted College Students
Are you a student with learning disabilities who:
- Is fascinated by learning and who has taken demanding courses in high school?
- Is looking for a college program that offers success to the student who is willing to work to achieve specific goals?
- Is interested in the environment and in social justice for all?
If so, our Program for Potentially Gifted College Students may be for you.
- Thirty hours (minimum) of one-on-one supervised tutoring per semester.
- Support services in word processing and language development.
- A liaison between individual professors and students.
- Weekly writing workshops.
- Counseling services.
- An open door between the director and all members of the program—weekly hours are available for private chats about concerns or hopes or cares.
How to apply:
- Submit an Undergraduate Application for Admission to Dowling College.
- If/when you are accepted, please contact our Office of Admissions at 1.800.369.5464 requesting that you be considered for the Program for Potentially Gifted College Students.
- Our Office of Admissions will forward a letter of your acceptance to the program director.
- You must then complete a Program for Potentially Gifted College Students Application which includes a detailed list of the documents you will need to apply to the program.