Welcome to Student Support Services. We provide a variety of resources and support services for first-generation college students. Please read below to learn about the specific services we offer and review our eligibility requirements.
- Academic support/tutoring.
- Academic advisement and counseling.
- Financial resources advisement.
- Financial literacy.
- Technology support.
- Stress and time management skills.
- Career and graduate school planning.
- Alumni network.
- First-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college).
- U.S. citizenship; non-citizens must meet eligibility requirements for federal financial aid.
- Demonstrate academic need.
- Full-time undergraduate (12 credits) enrollment.
- Out of school for five years.
- Earned a GED.
Interested students must meet with a staff member to discuss their academic need and to determine eligibility. Once a student is enrolled in the program, an educational plan is mutually developed. Students are expected to take an active role in the SSS program.
The program is funded to serve a limited number of students. Therefore, eligible students may be placed on a waiting list.
The TRIO Student Support Services Program receives 100 percent of its funding through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education to increase the retention and graduation rate of eligible students attending Dowling College.