Maureen L. Mackenzie, 2012
Constance Crawford, 2014
Ramapo College of New Jersey
William O'Brien, 2013
Worcester State University
Ahmad Etebari, 2012
University of New Hampshire
Managing Editor, Journal of
Business & Economic Studies
Luis Rivera, 2012
T. Homer Bonitsis, 2014
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Mitch Charkiewicz, 2013
Central Connecticut State University
Nejdet Delener, 2012
SUNY at Old Westbury
Kimberly Killmer Hollister, 2012
Montclair State University
Paul Kutasovic, 2014
New York Institute of Technology
Carlos Liard-Muriente, 2013
Central Connecticut State University
Scott Mackey, 2013
Roger Williams University
Stuart Rosenberg, 2013
George Sillup, 2012
Saint Joseph's University
Della Lee Sue, 2013
Ramon Vasoncellos, 2014
Doctoral Student and Jr. Faculty Paper Competition
Attention doctoral students and untenured junior faculty members. The Board of Directors of the Northeast Business & Economics Association (NBEA) cordially invites you to submit your completed research papers
for award consideration.
Winners of Doctoral Student and Junior Faculty Paper Competition receive a cash award, expedited review for submission to the Journal of Business & Economic Studies, and public recognition at the annual meeting in Port Jefferson, NY.
The NBEA paper competition offers awards to doctoral students and junior faculty members. A junior faculty member is employed in a full-time tenure track position, does not yet have tenure, and has earned his or her doctoral degree within the past 10 years. A doctoral student is enrolled full or part-time in a program that leads to a doctoral degree in any business related area including -- but not limited to – accounting, business education, economics, finance, industrial psychology, information system, international business, management, or marketing.
One or more awards will be granted. The number of awards granted will be determined by the jury of reviewers. Award winners must be registered to attend the conference and must provide documentation of their eligibility either as a student or as an untenured junior faculty member.
Requirements for Eligible Papers
The research proposal or abstract must be submitted for general conference acceptance on or before April 10, 2012. Upon acceptance for the general conference, the paper may now be submitted as a FULL paper for award consideration. The author must be registered to attend the conference prior to submitting the FULL paper.
* The FULL paper must be received on or before the deadline, August 15, 2012.
* The submitted paper must be completed, original research and must not be a proposal or an abstract. The award is for papers; dissertations are not eligible.
* The paper must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
* The authors must submit the registration fee before August 15, 2012.
* The author of a winning paper must be available to present the paper at the conference.
* If the paper has multiple authors, all authors must be eligible (e.g., doctoral students or untenured Jr. Faculty).
* Cash stipend of $250.
* Expedited review for publication consideration in the Journal of Business & Economic Studies.
* Public recognition at the NBEA Annual Conference.
How to Enter Your Submission
* Submit your research proposal/abstract for the general conference by email on or before April 10, 2012. You will receive acceptance notification by May 10, 2012.
* Submit your completed full paper by email (in Word) on or before the deadline, August 15, 2012 to email@example.com
* Include a cover letter that states whether you are a doctoral student or a junior faculty member, and that you are submitting the paper to the competition. Acknowledge that you are registered to attend the conference (registered with fee paid before August 15). Please provide your full contact information, including your academic or professional affiliation, mailing and email addresses, and telephone number. Please acknowledge in the cover letter that should you be selected as a winner, you will be able to present your paper at the conference in October 2012.
For more information, please contact the chair of the Doctoral Student/Jr. Faculty Award review committee, Dr. Della Lee Sue at Della.Lee.Sue@Marist.edu or proceedings editor, Dr. Stuart Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org