|How do I get a network connection?
Technology Help Desk -- 9/2011
First you will need to gather some important information which you will enter at http://dormlord.dowling.edu:
Once you have all the above information you can use any PC with Internet access to browse to http://dormlord.dowling.edu. There you will agree to adhere to the College's Policy on Acceptable Use of Computing Resources, enter the information gathered, and then click Send Request.
You should see a message saying "Success!". Wait 24 hours and your device will be registered for internet use.
- There is no paperwork that you need to file to get your dorm connection working. Just gather the information above and enter it into http://dormlord.dowling.edu, which is only accessible on-campus.
- If you do not know your Dowling Username or your password doesn't work & you need to reset it, visit http://username.dowling.edu.
- Before each semester we test every network line in the Residences to make sure it connects properly. Once you have registered your PC and waited 24 hours, if you cannot connect to any sites, try the troubleshooting steps at http://www.dowling.edu/mydowling/tech/resnet-tshoot.html.
- All registered students have Dowling email, network and Student Records System accounts. See http://www.dowling.edu/mydowling/tech/stu-passwds.html to learn how to access them.
- Please be sure that you secure your PC to prevent spreading viruses. If your PC is infected and attempts to spread its infection, you will lose Internet connectivity until you fix the problem.