|How Do I Find the MAC Address (Physical Address) of My Macintosh?
Chris Ihm, 09/2007
How do I find the MAC address (Physical Address) of my Ethernet adapter?
- Click the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen, and select About This Mac.
- Click on the More Info... button. The System Profiler opens.
- In the left side column, click on Network.
- Click on Built-in Ethernet to show the ethernet address for the adapter(s) installed in your computer.
- Jot down the Physical Address, which has 6 pairs of 2 numbers, like 01-22-C3-D4-E5-F6. Then you can Close all windows and browse to http://dormlord.dowling.edu to register your computer for internet access.
- Your IPv4 Physical address NEVER looks like 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0 (way too many zeros, and too many numbers) or 44-44-45-44-44-44 (that's your modem). It ALWAYS has 6 pairs of 2 numbers, like 01-22-C3-D4-E5-F6.