|Groups: Distribution Lists in GroupWise
Network Operations Center -- 4/18/2005
In GroupWise you can setup Distribution Lists to collect groups of addresses. You manage Groups within your Address Books.
To create a Group, start by opening your Address Book icon (looks like a Rolodex) at the left
edge of the GroupWise window. Then you can add members to a new Group from any of several sources:
From the GroupWise address book:
- Select the desired Address Book near the top of the Address Book window.
Note (4/2005): you can now choose students from the shared Students address book.
- Search for people to add; they will display in the bottom-left frame of the window.
- Click the check box next to each person you want to add.
- Click the To: button above the list of names. The selected entries will appear in the right frame.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until all the desired people appear in the right frame.
- Click Save Group. The "Save Group" window opens.
- Type a name for the group in the field named "Group Name."
- If you want, you can choose to save this group in your Frequent Contacts address book instead of your "Your Name" address book: select it in the Personal Address Books field.
- Click Save. You return to the Address Book window.
- Click the "Mail" button to insert the names from this group into the To: field of the message you are creating.
- Compose the message and send, or just Cancel.
To use the group:
- Click the Compose button at the left edge (the icon of a page with pen over it).
- Click the Address Book button.
- Under Address Books select your personal or Frequent Contacts book, then click Search.
- Put a check next to the group you want and click the To: button above.
- Click OK, then continue composing your message.
Thanks to Ward Deutschman for his input to this document.
© 2005 Dowling College