|Folder Options in Windows XP
Network Operations Center -- 8/2006
The following process will show all of your files' last-modified dates in Windows Explorer. This will make it easier to make decisions about maintenance and file locations, and make it easier to move files between network and local storage. We assume you are using Windows XP Professional, although other versions of Windows will be quite similar.
- Double-click My Computer to open it.
- Select View, Details.
- Select Tools, Folder Options.
- In the General tab, select "Use Windows classic desktop" and "Use Windows classic folders".
- In the View tab, ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked
- Ensure that "Hide file extensions for known file types" is NOT checked.
- Ensure that "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked
- In the upper section of the window click "Like Current Folder"
- Click OK to close the Folder Options window.
© 2006 Dowling College