As part of a new technology lending program the library is starting, we have two iPads available to lend to the Dowling College community. We envision this device being used for:
- The exploration of new technology and its usefulness in academic pursuits.
- To provide access to new technology that may be unavailable to individuals in our institution to promote innovative teaching and learning methods.
- To aid our community in understanding ever-changing technology and its role in academic, personal, and business life.
The iPad is pre-loaded with standard apps as well as additional apps that have been selected by the Library. Additional apps for the iPad can be recommended by emailing Chris Kretz. Preference will be given to free apps that facilitate access to licensed content provided by the Library and which are directly related to academic programs. A list of currently installed apps can be found here.
Loans are on a first come first served basis. An iPad lending agreement must be completed at the circulation desk for each loan indicating agreement with current policies and restrictions. Loans will not be completed without signing the agreement. iPads are loaned from the circulation desk and must be returned there directly to a staff member.Policies
- iPads can circulate within the boundaries of the Rudolph Campus for a 4-hour period.
- A lending agreement must be completed and signed before a loan can be completed.