Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
In this episode, Associate Professor of Political Science Don Beahm discusses the paths of the various candidates in the race, the obstacles they faced, and some of the lessons learned from the study of the times.
This podcast is cross posted with Born in the 60s: The First Year of Dowling College 1968-69, a blog commemorating the 40th anniversary of the College.
Dr. Don Beahm
Shownotes with related links:
(Music Courtesy of the Cylinder Preservation and Digitization Project, UCSB)
Chris Kretz, Assistant Professor/Reference Libraran
Dr. Don Beahm, associate professor of political science
- 1968 Presidential Election Results from The American Presidency Project
- 1968 commercials from The Living Room Candidate:Presidential Campaign Commercials 1952-2008
Musuem of the Moving Image
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library and Museum
- Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace Foundation
- Walker, D. (1968). Rights in conflict: The violent confrontation of demonstrators and police in the parks and streets of Chicago during the week of the Democratic National Convention of 1968. New York: Bantam Books. (Find in a library via WorldCat)
- White, T. H. (1969). The making of the President, 1968. New York: Atheneum. (Find in a library via WorldCat)