Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
Shownotes with related links:
(Music Courtesy of the Podshow Podsafe Music Network)
- 0:06 Introduction
Chris Kretz - Assistant Professor/Reference Librarian
- 1:19 Interview with Samira Abbassy including Dr. Stephen Lamia
- Anthony Giordano Gallery, Dowling College
- "Born in Iran, She Seeks Her Identity." New York Times, October 7, 2007 by Benjamin Genocchio
- "Samira Abbassy: Iranian-born Artist at Dowling." Newsday, October 1, 2007 by Ariella Buddick
- Interview with Samira Abbassy by Ana-Maurine Lara from A Gathering of the Tribes
- Gallery of Islamic & Persian Manuscripts from the Philosophical Research Society
Song: "Frankenburg Blues" by Bettina