Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
Shownotes with related links:
(Music Courtesy of the Podshow Podsafe Music Network)
- 0:05 Introduction
Chris Kretz, Instructor/Reference Librarian
- 0:48 Opening New Space in the Library
Joyce Gotsch, Assistant Professor
- 3:33 Irish-Americans in Film
Interview with Tony Tracy.
- Films discussed (filmography links and data courtesy of The Internet Movie Database):
- Abie’s Irish Rose (1928)
- Amarilly of Clothesline Alley (1918)
- Angels with Dirty Faces (1938)
- Backdraft (1991)
- The Callahans and the Murphys (1927)
- The Cohens and Kellys (1926)
- The Crying Game (1992)
- The Departed (2006)
- The Field (1990)
- The Fighting 69th (1940)
- Happy Hooligan (1900)
- Ireland, a Nation (1914)
- Irene (1926)
- Iron Horse (1924)
- A Lad from Old Ireland (1910)
- My Left Foot (1989)
- Once (2006)
- The Quiet Man (1952)
- Riley the Cop (1928)
- Rogue Cop (1954)
- The Sullivans (1944)
- Traffic in Souls (1913)
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945)
- The Untouchables (1987)
- Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
Song: "A Dusty Road to Texas" by After Son