Research Leadership Learning Podcast
Welcome to the Research Leadership Learning Podcast from Dowling College's Research Leadership Learning Center.
On this podcast we explore many fields of knowledge related to leadership in social agencies, bringing you conversations with teachers, principals, superintendents and others working in and around the Long Island region, including Dowling faculty and Dowling doctoral candidates. By sharing research and knowledge from the field, we hope to develop a profound human awareness among leaders of social agencies in Nassau and Suffolk Counties and beyond.
Cindy Pierce Lee
Shownotes with related links:
In this episode, Dr. Manley discusses bullying with Cindy Pierce Lee, Associate Director for Community Services at SCOPE. The conversation covers the effect of the media's "vulture culture" on the attitudes of students, the psychology of bullying, and strategies for dealing with it inside and outside the classroom.
- SCOPE Education Services
- The Bully Project opens March 30th.
- Recommended Readings:
- The Bully, the Bullied and the Bystander by Barbara Coloroso. (Find in a library via WorldCat.org
- Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman. (Find in a library via WorldCat.org
- Odd Girl Out by Rachel Simmons. (Find in a library via WorldCat.org
- The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins. (Find in a library via WorldCat.org
- CyberSafe: Protecting and Empowering Kids in the Digital World of Texting, Gaming and Social Media by Gwenn Schurgin O'Keeffe. (Find in a library via WorldCat.org
- Hoffman, B.(2010). Cooperative learning, character education, conflict resolution among eighth graders, their teacher intervention with bullying and their experiences with cyber, physical, and relational bullying. Dowling College Dissertaion.
- Ihne, L. (2009). Student character, peace education, teacher intervention to reduce student conflict, relational and cyber bullying at the middle school. Dowling College Dissertation.
Music: Mozart's Oboe Quartet in F after K496 - Allegretto by American Baroque courtesy of Magnatunes