Research Leadership Learning Podcast
Welcome to the Research Leadership Learning Podcast from Dowling College's Research Leadership Learning Center.
On this podcast we explore many fields of knowledge related to leadership in social agencies, bringing you conversations with teachers, principals, superintendents and others working in and around the Long Island region, including Dowling faculty and Dowling doctoral candidates. By sharing research and knowledge from the field, we hope to develop a profound human awareness among leaders of social agencies in Nassau and Suffolk Counties and beyond.
Shownotes with related links:
Dr. Rich Bernato interviews Gail Barraco, Coordinator of School Library System for Eastern Suffolk BOCES. They discuss the role of school libraries and librarians and their impact on instruction. Gail outlines the process of inquiry-based learning and the work of Mary Ratzer at the University of Albany. They also discuss ways in which principals and teachers can work with their school library media center, and how the role of the school librarian has changed. Chris Kretz, chair of the library department at Dowling, joins the conversation to talk about the role of the school library media center in a school's technology decisions.
- Inquiry/Information Fluency Continuum - Eastern Suffolk BOCES
- Information Fluency Curriculum - Capital Region BOCES
- Web Resources for "Growing into Inquiry" - Capital Region BOCES
- Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries - Rutgers
- Mary Ratzer on Ning
- School Library Media Program Evaluation (SLMPE) Rubric
- Journal articles on school libraries and academic achievement via ERIC (RSS feed)
- November, A. C. (2008). Web literacy for educators. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press. (via WorldCat)
- Toffler, A. (1970). Future shock. New York: Random House. (via WorldCat)
Music: Mozart's Oboe Quartet in F after K496 - Allegretto by American Baroque courtesy of Magnatunes