Turnitin for Students
General Guidelines and Tips
- Students set up a personal Turnitin account which they will use with any number of different classes at Dowling.
- To set up an account, go to www.turnitin.com, click on New Users and select Student as your user type. Enter your Dowling email and create a personal password
- Use the password help link to reset a forgotten password.
- Passwords are 6-12 characters long and must contain at least one number and one letter.
- Enter the ID number and enrollment password for a specific class.
- Your instructor must give you this information.
- Enrollment passwords are case sensitive.
- After you set up your account, you can add additional classes by logging in and clicking on enroll in a class.
- Papers can be submitted in Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, Adobe PostScript, RTF, PDF,.txt, and HTML documents.
- You will be emailed a digital receipt as final confirmation after submitting a paper.
- If you encounter any problems using Turnitin, you can contact the account administrator, Chris Kretz, or ask a reference librarian
© 2010 Dowling College