Withdrawal Policy/Financial Aid Adjustments

Return of Title IV Funds

All students should consult with a financial aid advisor in the Office of Financial Aid before changing enrollment status or withdrawing from the College. Any changes may affect financial aid eligibility.

Federal financial aid is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire term that the aid is awarded. When a student withdraws from the College, he or she may no longer be eligible for the full amount of federal aid originally awarded. If a federal financial aid recipient withdraws after beginning classes, and before the 60 percent point in the term, the amount of federal grant and/or loan assistance earned by the student must be determined. If the amount disbursed to the student is greater than the amount the student earned, unearned funds must be returned. IF the amount disbursed is less than the amount the student earned, and for which the student is otherwise eligible, the student may be entitled to a post-withdrawal disbursement. It is important to note that the amount of federal aid earned by the student is determined by the percentage of term completion, and is not related to the College tuition fund policy. In the event that funds need to be returned, the student may find an outstanding balance on their account. The student is responsible for any outstanding balances owed to the College when funds are returned.

Title IV funds that are subject to recalculation in the event of a withdrawal from the College are Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins Loans, Teach Grants, subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford Loans and PLUS Loans.