Employer Tuition Reimbursement Guide

Financial Aid

Employer Tuition Reimbursement Guide

Employer Tuition Reimbursement and External Scholarship Programs for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
This guide is to assist students who receive tuition reimbursement from their employer or who receive external scholarships.

Dowling College encourages all students who are entitled to tuition reimbursement from their employer or who are receiving external scholarships to follow the simple steps outlined below:

  • Register for courses.
  • Submit a signed letter on company/scholarship letterhead stating exactly what the employer/scholarship organization will pay (i.e. tuition, tuition and fees, etc.). The letter must specify your name, social security number and the semester being covered. The letter should be submitted prior to the issuance of your tuition bill.
  • The dollar amount provided by your employer/scholarship organization will be deducted from your tuition bill. Any remaining can be set up on a monthly payment plan.
  • If your employer/scholarship organization requests that we bill them, we do so once the semester has started. It is your responsibility to ensure that payment is received by Dowling College.
  • If your employer/scholarship organization reimburses you after the semester is completed, it is your responsibility to submit your grades and any necessary paperwork as soon as the semester is over in order to ensure that reimbursement is promptly received. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Dowling College and submitted to the Financial Aid Department on the Rudolph campus.

Note: If you drop courses during a semester, you are immediately responsible for all charges relating to this drop. In these cases, payment should be made directly to the Department of Financial Aid.
***IMPORTANT*** In conjunction with company reimbursement/external scholarships, your College funds may be adjusted. These procedures must be adhered to each semester.  A new letter from your employer/scholarship organization is required each semester/summer session.