Once you receive your Form I-20 and/or acceptance letter from the International Student Services Office, we ask that you do the following upon arriving on campus:
- BEFORE you come to the college be sure you have made arrangements for a place to live. If you wish to live in a college dormitory, you MUST make arrangements in advance. Please see the Housing page of this website for details.
- All international students are required by US Immigration to report directly to Dowlings International Student and Scholar Services Office as soon as you arrive on campus.
- Bring all immigration documents and any other original documents we requested from you prior to entrance.
- When you arrive we will tell you about the required Orientation. You will check in and then (if required) you will take a test of your English language ability.
- Meet with an International Advisor and make arrangements for your specific courses
- Meet with the Financial Services Office to arrange for payment of tuition and fees
- The next day you will be able to get your new Dowling College ID card and then begin taking your courses.
All international students must be registered as full-time students (undergraduate — at least 12 credits per semester; graduate students at least 9 credits per semester).