International Exchange Students and Visitors
We are delighted that you are considering coming to Dowling College. The college has an extensive program for International Students as well as strong interest in working with International Exchange Students, Scholars, Visitors, and Researchers. Students from over 40 countries study at our two campuses, located in Oakdale and Brookhaven. We have been visited by International Faculty and Scholars from many countries and have hosted exchange students from around the world.
Dowling College is proud of its excellent faculty, small classes, extensive support services, and superior residence halls. We are known as “The Personal College” because we provide each student with the excellent education, attention, and support they need to succeed.
As an exchange visiting scholar or student we will provide you with the resources you needto satisfy the US immigration service requirements as well as invite you to take advantage of the many cultural resources of the New York City Metropolitan area. We are located about an hour’s travel time to New York City, and we are close to world-class beaches and other recreational areas.
If you would like to participate in our Scholar or Student Exchange programs, please contact the Admissions Office. If you wish to apply for an exchange visitor visa, please download this form, fill it out and return it to us. We look forward to welcoming you to Dowling College.
Where can I go?
Dowling College offers you access to programs for studying in other countries. The principal programs are Auckland University of Technology (AUT) in Auckland, New Zealand; Kyonggi University in Seoul, Korea; Osaka University in Osaka, Japan; Malmo University in Malmo, Sweden; University of Lima in Lima, Peru; HZ University in Vlissingen, The Netherlands. Some programs are offered by Universities with whom Dowling College has an exchange agreement,and some are offered by specialized Study Abroad Provider organizations.
These are theinternational universities which have exchange agreements with Dowling College: (Click on the name of the college to go to the school website.)
- Auckland University of Technology (AUT) – in Auckland, New Zealand. A guide to New Zealand can be found here. If you are interested in participating in this exchange program, please contact Professor Mark Greer firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Study Abroad Office.
- The University of Lima – in Lima, Peru, near the centers of the Inca civilization of South America. The university setting is in the heart of the commercial district of Lima, near beautiful beaches and gives you an opportunity to get university credit while expanding your knowledge of the Spanish language. To see a slideshow from the University of Lima, click here. You can also speak with Professor Isaac Rosler at RoslerI@Dowling.edu.
- Kyonggi University – in Seoul, Korea.
- Malmo University – in Malmo, Sweden. To see a slideshow from Malmo University, click here. You can also speak with Professor Carlos Cunha about this University (CunhaC@Dowling.edu);
- Osaka University – in Osaka, Japan. To see a slideshow from Osaka University, click here.
- HZ University of Applied Sciences – in the Netherlands is the institute of higher professional education in the Dutch province of Zeeland on the Dutch coast. It is uniquely located on the beautiful Zeeland coastline. Hogeschool Zeeland offers proven quality of education. The greater part of the college’s study programs ranks among the top ten of the Netherlands. The town of Vlissingen is a medium-sized tourist and student town. Sun, sea and beach characterize this pleasant place. Vlissingen offers everything you need for a wonderful student life!