Applying for F-1 Status

How to apply for an F-1 Student Visa

You must make an appointment with the nearest American Embassy or consulate to apply for an F-1 student visa. For information on obtaining a US visa, please refer to:

To pay the SEVIS fee for your student visa, please go to:

You must take the receipt for the SEVIS fee when you visit your consulate to request a student visa.

Please apply for your visa several weeks before you plan to travel, but not more than 120 days before the program start date on your I-20.

You should bring the documents suggested below, as well as any other documents that might help establish your ties to your local community.