STUDY AT A UNIVERSITY OR PROGRAM IN ANOTHER COUNTRY
As a student at Dowling College you can take a holiday (Winter or Summer), one semester, or as much as a year to study in another country. Most of the time, the program you take can give you credit toward your degree — and if you are eligible for financial aid, your grant or loan may be used to help pay the costs.
WHERE CAN I GO?
Dowling College offers you access to more than one hundred locations and programs for studying in other countries. Some of these are Auckland University of Technology (AUT) in Auckland, New Zealand; Kyonggi University in Seoul, Korea; Osaka University in Osaka, Japan; Malmo University in Malmo, Sweden; Univ. of Lima in Lima, Peru; HZ University in Vlissingen, The Netherlands; and more than 100 other programs in Europe, Asia, and every continent except Antarctica!! Some are offered by Universities with whom Dowling College has an “Exchange agreement” and some are offered by specialized Study Abroad Provider organizations.
- Auckland University of Technology (AUT) — in Auckland, New Zealand. A guide to New Zealand can be found here. If you are interested in participating in this exchange program, please contact Professor Mark Greer at email@example.com, or contact the Study Abroad Office.
- The University of Lima – in Lima, Peru, near the centers of the Inca civilization of South America. The university setting is in the heart of the commercial district of Lima, near beautiful beaches and gives you an opportunity to get university credit while expanding your knowledge of the Spanish language. To see a slideshow from the University of Lima, click here. You can also speak with Professor Isaac Rosler at RoslerI@Dowling.edu.
- Kyonggi University — in Seoul, Korea;
- Malmo University — in Malmo, Sweden. To see a slideshow from Malmo University, click here. You can also speak with Professor Carlos Cunha about this University (CunhaC@Dowling.edu);
- Osaka University — in Osaka, Japan. To see a slideshow from Osaka University, click here,
- HZ University of Applied Sciences — in the Netherlands is the institute of higher professional education in the Dutch province of Zeeland on the Dutch coast. It is uniquely located on the beautiful Zeeland coastline. Hogeschool Zeeland offers proven quality of education. The greater part of the college’s study programmes ranks among the top ten of the Netherlands. The town of Vlissingen is a medium-sized tourist and student town. Sun, sea and beach characterise this pleasant place. Vlissingen offers everything you need for a wonderful student life! To see a slideshow from HZ University click here.
THERE ARE MANY OTHER RESOURCES FOR PROGRAMS
Some are worth examining very carefully, and some less so. One of the best places to begin is with the IIE Passport website of the Institute for International Education for a broad listing of programs and providers, as well as scholarship and other useful information.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Meet with a Study Abroad advisor in the International office, and fill out a Study Abroad Application. We will meet with you and go through the entire process of arranging for a program abroad, arranging for credit and perhaps your financial aid as well, and all of the details.
And then you will be off for what has been described as the most interesting , challenging, life-changing, and exciting experience you have ever had!!
We at Dowling College are looking forward to helping you to prepare for and succeed at that experience!!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PARTICIPATING IN A SEMESTER OR YEAR ABROAD, PLEASE CONTACT