Advanced Certificate in School Building Leader
Advanced Certificate in School Building Leader (SBL)
(HEGIS 0828) 24 total credits
CIP Code and description: 130499
Advanced Certificate Program Admission Requirements
Entrants into the School Building Leader (SBL) program must have completed three years of classroom teaching service and/or pupil personnel service experience, in public or non-public schools N-12, permanent/professional teaching certification, and have completed a Master’s degree.
School Building Leader Advanced Certificate Requirements
I. Required Courses (18 credits)
|EDE 8701||Educational Administration|
|EDE 8711||School Law|
|EDE 8722||Supervision of Instruction|
|EDE 8731||Educational Research|
|EDE 8732||Curriculum Development|
|EDE 8738||Public School Finance and Budget|
II. Elective Courses (3 credits)
|EDE 8721||Personnel Administration or|
|EDE 8733||Educational Assessment|
|EDE 8734||Principalship or|
|EDE 8736||Special Education Administrator or|
|EDE 8741||Computers for the Educational Administrator|
III. Internship (3 credits)
|EDE 8791||Internship I – 400 hours (Prerequisites: fifty percent of required courses must be completed)|
The Internship is offered during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
IV. Comprehensive Examination
All candidates for the Advanced Certificate Programs in Educational Administration who enroll after September 1, 2004 must pass a digital portfolio comprehensive examination and the New York State license examination.
NYS Certification Requirements:
- You must have completed 3 years of classroom teaching service and/or pupil personnel service experience, in public or non-public schools N-12, and hold a permanent/professional teaching certification
- You are required to complete 175 hours of professional development every 5 years.
- You will need 3 years experience in leadership including a least one-year experience as a school leader to obtain professional certification.
- You are required to complete the NYSTCE leadership assessment for the initial certification
- Completion of Fingerprinting, workshops in school violence and intervention and in child abuse.