Academic Access Program
Dowling College Academic Access Program
An individualized program that provides academic strategies, support, and guidance to students with disabilities
Lucianna Basilice, Ed.D.
About our program
Are you a student with disabilities who:
- Is fascinated by learning and wants to be academically successful?
- Is looking for an individualized college program that offers success to the student who is willing to work hard to achieve specific goals?
- Is interested in the academic equality and in social justice for all?
If so, our Academic Access Program may be for you.
- One-on-One tutoring two to three hours per week
- Priority registration
- Academic advisement and counseling
- Stress and time management skills
- Assurance that all academic accommodations are met
- Support services with subject matter specialists
- Word processing assistance
- Liaison between individual students and professors
- Academic support utilizing the latest advanced software
- Weekly writing workshops
- Counseling services
- Internship guidance
- Scholarship opportunities
Did you know?
- Our program monitors each student’s success, informing professors of the student’s involvement in the program and asking for midterm evaluations.
- More than half of the students graduate from our program with 3.0 grade-point average or higher.
- Many of our graduates are highly successful in their professional fields of endeavor.
- The program is available to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- The program focuses on addressing the academic needs of students and their individual learning styles, specifically autism spectrum and learning disabilities.
- All tutors affiliated with the program have a Masters degree in education and are thoroughly trained and experienced in dealing with the needs of our students.
How to apply:
- Submit an Undergraduate Application for Admission to Dowling College.
- When you are accepted, please contact our Office of Admissions at 1.800.369.5464 requesting that you be considered for the Academic Access Program.
- Meet with the Coordinator and fill out Program for Academic Access Program paperwork
- Our Office of Admissions will forward a letter of your acceptance to the Coordinator.