The Career Services Center of Student Services assists undergraduate and graduate students and alumni to develop career goals, plan effective job searches, obtain positions and change careers.
To learn how to effectively showcase knowledge, skills and talents to truly become a successful member of the workforce, students and alumni are encouraged to participate in free career development workshops (Resume Development & Cover Letter Writing and Interviewing & Job Search Skills). Certified Professional Resume Writers (CPRW) are available to review resumes and cover letters to offer suggestions and ensure a proper reflection of education and experience. Career related recruitment events are arranged throughout the academic year to facilitate networking and career awareness.
Internships and part-time and full-time job opportunities are posted online at DowLink and maintained in binders in the Career Services office. Students and alumni are encouraged to post their resume on DowLink for approval and search for available positions.
Employers are invited to post jobs and internship opportunities via DowLink and attend career related events to meet with Dowling students and alumni.
Dowling College Spring 2014
Job & Internship Fair
Will Be Held On
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
The Job and Internship Fair is your premier opportunity to meet and connect with Dowling students and alumni for potential full-time, part-time, seasonal employment, and internship placement.
A nominal, non-refundable registration fee of $75.00 will provide a table, linens and refreshments for two representatives from your company. Also, your company profile and staffing needs will be published in the job fair booklet. Please note that your space cannot be secured until payment has been received. To participate, please go to: https://commerce.cashnet.com/dowlingmipay and click “Career Services Events” to register no later than March 21, 2014.
Please contact the Career Services Center at (631) 244-3391 with any questions.
Thank you in advance for your participation and we look forward to having your company represented here at Dowling College on Tuesday, March 25, 2014!!
*The Fall 2014 Job & Internship Fair will be October 23, 2014*
**Due to space limitations, company reservations are secured on a first-come, first-serve basis for each career field represented. A letter of confirmation will be e-mailed to you upon receipt of the registration form and payment. Please contact the Career Services Center at 631.244.3391 with questions.
- Visit Career Services (Located in Racanelli 209 D) to meet with an Internship Associate and determine your eligibility.
- Complete an intake form – Please remove link- and discuss the type of organization/industry where you would like to gain career related experience.
- Please make an appointment with the Career Services Center by calling 631.244.3391
- Submit your resume online at DowLink for review and approval. – Remove this line
- Schedule an interview for an available internship opportunity. An Internship Associate may assist the employer with interview coordination for pre-screened candidates.
- Obtain an offer letter from the employer. This is VERY IMPORTANT. An internship cannot be processed until an official offer letter on company letterhead is obtained.
- Complete requisite paperwork based on the internship type.
- Register for the course when applicable. Please note that internships for academic credit must be registered before the start date of the internship.
.- Register for the course when applicable.
- Students enrolled in a not-for-credit internship (paid) must meet with an Internship Associate throughout the internship term.
- Complete academic coursework before the conclusion of the semester/internship when applicable. Faculty assigned grades are only released upon verification of completed coursework by Career Services.