Our Commitment to All Students: The Opportunity To Succeed
THE VISION OF DOWLING COLLEGE IS TO BECOME A REGIONALLY, NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION THAT PROVIDES EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION BY FOSTERING AN ENVIRONMENT OF COLLABORATIVE LEARNING AND OPEN ACADEMIC INQUIRY.
Dowling College is an independent comprehensive educational institution in the liberal arts tradition whose mission is to provide our students with a well-rounded education based upon innovative teaching, informed and engaging research, and a commitment to democratic citizenship with a community service component. We foster an open and supportive learning environment that is based upon collaboration between a committed and supportive expert faculty and a student body diverse in its interests, beliefs, culture, ethnicity, and geographic origin. We recognize learning as a lifetime endeavor, particularly as it relates to globalization. The college upholds its educational mission through teaching, learning and research in the arts, sciences and professions such as education, business and aviation, and by providing members of the community and Dowling alumni with opportunities for continuing education.
- To provide Dowling College students with excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a collaborative, open and innovative educational environment.
- To ensure sound and diverse financial planning and implementation to support the academic programs and educational mission of the college consistent with strategic planning including development, student recruitment and retention.
- To serve and strengthen our local, regional, national and global communities by promoting greater diversity and by providing a rigorous education in the arts, sciences and professions, and by teaching our students the value of community service and engaged citizenship.
- To promote academic excellence in the areas of scholarship, research, and artistic expression.
- To maintain high academic standards by recruiting and retaining excellent and dedicated teachers actively participating in research and professional development, and by offering students more individualized academic attention in small class-sizes within a setting conducive to educational success.
- To continue to expand and update the academic curriculum and institutional capacity in order to support students and alumni in their varied educational, occupational and life-long learning pursuits.
- To promote collaboration beyond the geographical boundaries of the college to advance the goals of social responsibility, environmental protection, and economic and social progress.