How to Join
Dr. Susan Carter, our society's counselor, welcomes your application.
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact Teresa Marie Perez, President of Kappa Delta Pi,
by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form: PDF format | MS Word format
- Qualification Requirements:
- Undergraduate Applicants: Senior status; Must have completed at least one semester of student teaching by January of the new calendar year; Grade point average of 3.50.
- Graduate Applicants: Completion of nine credits in Education at the time of application and a total of 18 credits for the major; Cumulative grade point average of 3.50. This is a cumulative GPA of both Grad and Undergrad levels.
- Transcript: Attach all transcripts, including those from other colleges, with your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Two full-time professors to sign on your application are most preferable.
- However, if you have only one full-time faculty, or no full-time faculty, then you would have no other choice but to have the signatures of only one, or both, adjuncts instead. In this case you would have to attach a note explaining your special circumstances.
- In the case you cannot see your faculty in person, you can request your faculty to write brief recommendations via emails and attach those emails to your application.
- Submit your application by the third week in February of the current year, to: Dowling College, School of Education, 150 Idle Hour Blvd., Oakdale, NY 11769-1999, Attention: Ivory Ho, KSC 314. A letter will be emailed to you by the second week in March of the current year, to inform you on the status of your application. Application forms are available in the School of Education office on the wall in the lobby area. A copy of your "unofficial" transcript(s) must be attached to your application, along with two academic references. (See page 2 of the Application form for more information.)
- Upon receipt of your application, an acknowledgement email will be sent to you by the secretary of the school of Education.
- By the second week of March of the current year, another email will be sent to you by the president of KDP, to inform you on the status of your application.
- Accepted applicants will be required to pay $65 to cover membership and chapter fees.
- The $65 must be paid either by money order or bank check, whichever costs less, made payable to "Kappa Delta Pi, Xi Chi Chapter at Dowling College".
- NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Membership Benefits and Services:
- Induction ceremony usually takes place in the second week of April of the current year at Dowling College.
- Prospective members will be required to attend an orientation meeting in the first week of April of the current year at Dowling College.
- Emails will be sent out to inform you of the specific dates, times, and locations of these events.
Kappa Delta Pi supports and advances the careers of educators by recognizing academic achievement and excellence in teaching and promoting community service. As a member, you will . . .
Your membership is an investment in your career!
- Receive four issues of the KDP Record
- Get four issues of the New Teacher Advocate FREE as a first-year member
- Grow as an educator through regional and national conferences
- Access teacher resources through KDP Online
- Benefit from job-hunting tips and tools
- Network with other educators in your career phase
- Save with discounted services and publications
- Find the information you need on hot issues in education
- Tap into more than $100,000 in scholarships and teacher classroom grants
- Connect with National Teachers of the Year through the Teacher Hotline